Canadian Sailcraft 30
Posted by Bert Vermeer | May 10, 2023 | Boat Reviews, Monohull, Reviews
The Case for Bondo
Posted by Nica Waters | May 10, 2023 | Dogwatch, Projects
Art in Slow Motion
Posted by Adam Cove | Apr 26, 2023 | Sailing, Sailing Stories, Sailing Tips
No Fender Covers? No Problem!
Posted by Marissa Neely | Apr 10, 2023 | Dogwatch, Sailing, Sailing Tips
Inside Our May/June 2023 Issue
- Follow along as an industrious college student embarks on an extensive refit of a rare steel sloop, making it her dream boat for coastal cruising adventures.
- Find out why the old adage "Never Start a Voyage on a Friday" still rings true.
- Go for a test sail on a Canadian Sailcraft 30, and learn what makes this slippery-hulled performance cruiser by Tony Castro an enduring design.
- Grab a cup of coffee and take a late season sail through the Coast of Maine with a couple transitioning from passagemakers to cruisers.
- Remind yourself why the tried and true art of heaving-to remains one of sailors most potent seamanship tactics.
- Get the ins and outs of crafting a new Electrical Panel for your beloved boat.
- Plus: Make your own rope hooks, set up an onboard movie theater, craft a more traditional interior with a tongue and groove hack, and a whole lot more...
The Prospect and Reality of a “Free Boat”
by Neil Fonger
When an enticing “free boat” presents an opportunity, a couple does their due...
When Good Old Boats Become TV Stars
by Brandon Ford
This Old Boat author Don Casey used the Coronado 35 as the poster child for ugly sailboats....
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Subscribe for the best sailing stories, boat projects, maintenance how-tos, nautical poems, sailor of the month features and more!
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Boat Insurance 101
Navigating turbulent insurance waters calls for planning, preparation, and patience. You’ve never...
C&C Redline 41 MkI
by Andy Cross
A Canadian Classic with a Racing Redigree As I walked down the dock at the Ludington Yacht Club, racers milled about, flags snapped in the breeze, and halyards clanged against masts in a chaotic tempo. Out on Lake Michigan, the...