2023 (#151) July-August
$6.00 – $10.00
Issue #151, July/August 2023
July/August 2023 Issue Highlights
- This issue marks 25 YEARS of Good Old Boat and we’re happy to have you along for the ride. Thanks to all our readers, it’s not possible without you!
- Hear from Good Old Boat founder Karen Larson about launching the magazine in 1998 sharing stories of restoring, refitting, and upgrading sailboats, and how that dovetails now with her experiences living in South Dakota.
- Take a ride with coastal sailor and Good Old Boat contributor Bert Vermeer as he’s invited on an eventful first ocean passage from Hawaii to British Columbia.
- Go for a test sail on a Jeanneau 37, and find out how some of its modern design features might be worth incorporating into any older boat refit.
- Take a journey with an adventurous couple as they buy a Nor’Sea 27 in the Utah desert and take it to the rivers of Middle America and eventually down to the Gulf of Mexico.
- Looking to sail south down the East Coast toward warmer weather? Contributing Editor Ed Zacko dips into his wealth of knowledge and experience to help set you on your way.
- Plus: Make more room for your coiled lines, learn about the best methods and products for removing sealants, figure out if you’re sliding sideways in the current, and a whole lot more…
The download size of this file is approximately 15 MB.
Downloadable PDF, Printed Copy