The Neglected boat you save may become your own
If you're looking for an affordable good old boat that needs major fixing up, you've come to the right place. We're looking for abandoned, deteriorated sailboats in need of a new dreamer to turn them into a dream boat once more. So if you know of one, get in touch! And if you're interested in one of those listed here, follow your heart and follow up. Call the number listed.
Have something to add? Contact us. There's no charge to list a fixer-upper. But you must be selling it for $5,000 or less. Please let us know when your boat goes to a good home and we'll remove the listing.
There's no fee for the buyer either. We just want to help you find the boat of your dreams.
Pearson Triton 28
- Length: 28 feet
- Price: $3,000 USD
- Email: email@example.com
- Location: Verplanck, NY
Foredeck recored from inside with plywood and epoxy. Most hardware rebed. Exterior wood refinished w/varnish. Areas repaired on deck not yet faired or painted. Side decks are a little spongy (+/-2 foot section). All winches cleaned and lubed.
Mast beam in good shape, partial recore on cabin top. Roler furling. fully battened main (new battens), new halyards. Main and jib in very good condition. Two other mains in serviceable condition–-one with Dutchman system. One other jib, serviceable.
Functioning toilet (no holding tank). Rebuilt atomic 4 put in May 2012 with new shaft, prop, packing.
- Length: 27 feet
- Price: $4,000 OBO
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 301-862-4535
- Location: St.Mary's City, MD
On lift 8+ years. 1974 Westerbeke 20B Diesel (under 250 hours). Edson wheel. 2 Danforths; roller-furling Jib; lazy-jacks; good main w/slab-reefing, difter, genoa, working jib. Bow & stern pulpits w/lifelines. New vhf, cd player/speakers & boxed knot meter. All furnishings; many extras.
- Length: 17 feet
- Price: Free to good home
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 443-502-5460
- Location: Washington, DC
MacGregor 1972 fiberglass sloop with retractable keel. Includes Main, Jib, and Storm Jib. Cabin sleeps 4. Includes trailer.
1978 Helms 25
- Length: 25 Ft
- Price: $4250 USD
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 443-540-5332
- Location: Westminster, MD
1978 Helms Swing Keel, Dual Axle Trailer, 8 HP 2Cycle. It has been prepped for restoration. We just ran out of steam to complete it.
The package includes: Helms Swing Keel with hatches and hardware removed. Fixed Ports have been newly glazed and ready for installation. The bulkheads and all wood services have been removed. We have purchased new paper and piping for the bulkheads at a cost of over $300.00. Some of the bulkheads have been repapered with new piping installed. We have installed the two Johnson Bilge pumps to assure that if a rogue wave catches you off guard that it will be over the side as quickly as it came on board. We have filled all of the various imperfections inside the cabin and have begun priming the inside of the cabin with Interlux 2 part primer. The best Interlux primer available. $200.00 at West Marine. Wood work has begun with new Walnut Table completed.
Partial List of what is included:
- West Marine VHF500DSC VHF Radio
- Dual AM/FM/CD/WX/MP3 MXDMA80 Radio
- Pro Mariner 1.5 Amp Battery Maintainer
- New Fulton KR1500 Winch for Swing Keel for Helms 25
- Marine Electrical Products Battery Condition Gauge
- Guest Dual, 1,2, Off, Both Battery Switch
- New 2 * Johnson Bilge pump 750 GPh with Ultima Automatic Level Switches
- New Whale GP0418 Fresh Water hand Pump
- Eagle Fish Easy 320C Depth Finder
- Main Sail Bag: Sails have never been used since they were reviewed and fixed at the sail loft last year
- Jib Sail and Bag: Sails have never been used since they were reviewed and fixed at the sail loft last year
- Newer trailer for Helms. Book value at Maryland MVA last year was $3200.00 for the trailer alone
- 1996 Mercury 2 Cycle 8 HP Outboard with a new impelle rthat runs great; $1195.00 on Ebay, buy it now
- 5 Gal Gas tank and hoses
- New Carpet for the floors and the sides of the cabin. Marine Carpet was over $350.00
- Length: 30'
- Price: $5,000
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 727-403-9900 (Tim Stark, 7am-10pm)
- Location: St. Petersburg, Florida 33707
1969. (Look it up on www.sailboatdata.com).
Bare Hull, a Blank Slate. Finish it Your Way.
Bullet-Proof with Divinycell structural coring, glass, epoxy. Barrier coated bottom, lead ballast encased to create a level sole, new motor mounts. Sits on a steel cradle w/6 jack stands on casters Indoors.
Owned since 1992, sailed and lived aboard up until 2002. Short Version: hundreds of hours, thousands of dollars, too many projects.
I also have a new Perkins M30 Diesel, mast, sails, rigging, raw materials to be negotiated.
- Length: 20 feet
- Price: $1,500 OBO
- Phone: 906-484-2221, Stuart Spencer
- Location: Michigan, Upper Peninsula
1966 Twin keel. The decks and inside of the cabin could use some paint; the sails are well used but still have some life left in them. She has a trailer but no motor. Bought a Hirondelle cruising cat and need the room in the barn. Photos available upon request.
1946 Bluenose Schooner
- Length: 30 feet
- Price: $3,800 obo
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Deborah Vautrin
- Location: Geneva, Ohio
It comes with a trailer. Located one hour east of Cleveland.Back To Top
- Length: 22 feet?
- Price: FREE
- Email: email@example.com, Marc Hall
- Location: Plant City, Florida, about 25 miles east of Tampa, Florida.
I have an old sailboat I would like to have removed from my deceased Mother's property. I don't know the make, official size (it is approx. 22' long), or any specifications. It could possibly be refurbished by someone with the funds and time to do so.
It would need a keel, in addition to some major refurbishing. It does have an aluminum mast, and some rigging. I don't have a title for the boat.
The boat was going to be junked when my brother, with dreams of refurbishing the boat and living on it, brought it to our Mother's property against her wishes. Our Mother has since died, and the brother has become ill, and unable to pursue his dream. His dream has become my nightmare.
If anyone wants the boat, you just need to come get it. You will have to provide a means to lift and put it on your own trailer.Back To Top
- Length: 24 feet
- Price: $3500 USD or best offer
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (704) 566-3094, John Harding
- Location: Lake Norman, NC. (Charlotte, NC)
24' sailboat. Dark blue Hull and bottom, rigging okay. Full keel - draws 3'. Safety lines removed, but installable. Roller reefing, three sails (one needs repair). Solar powered bilge pump. New battery, Full tool kit. Sleeps 4. 4-hp Evinrude Outboard (actually 'in' - hidden in transom). Docked at Lake Norman Sailng Club. Pics available on request.
- Length: 23 feet
- Price: $2,500 USD
- Phone: 860-379-7269. Robert Griswold
- Location: Connecticutt
1974 Centerboard. New Sails. Cushions in excellent cond. 1990 9hp Evinrude motor. 2 axle trailer. Boat needs TLC.