2019 Back Issues (Download Only)
Good Old Boat 2019 Full-year of issues plus index
January/February 2019 Issue Highlights
- Robb Lovell helps us understand PHRF racing in good old boats
- Walter Heins talks dehumidifiers and Drew Frye talks mildew
- DIY: Tom Young builds a new electrical panel from scratch and William Weigel shows us what he did with his lifelines to achieve two goals
- Refit! Carol Severson brings a MacGregor 26 to life
- Stock production boats sail around the world: Fiona McGlynn shows how one sailor prepped a Tradewind 35 for the race, and Barry Pickthall shows how another readied a Lello 34
- Do you have a foil-less furling headsail? You will want one after Hugh Johnston tells about the magic they’ll bring to your sailing life
- Plus having fun, a wheel wrap, and much more!
March – April 2019 Issue Highlights
- Robb Lovell is back to help sailors get more from their boats, PHRF racing style
- David Lynn talks solar controllers and Drew Frye talks solar panels
- DIY: Jim Shell presents several clever methods for screening a portlight and Jordan Snyder shows how to make your boat do the ferry glide—it’s like magic
- Tom Wells reviews the Southerly 115 and Rob Mazza offers a design comparison
- Last month Hugh Johnston taught us about flying headsail furlers—now he’s back to show how easy it is to deploy and trim them
- Plus ferrules 101, withdrawal, retreat, and much more!
May/June 2019 Issue Highlights
- Robb Lovell is back with the final part of his PHRF series, this one on racing rules
- David Lynn talks ferrites and Drew Frye talks emergency steering
- DIY: Jim Donovan fixes boat stand corrosion and Cory Carpenter shares an easy protective sock solution for the headsail
- Branden Ford reviews the Columbia 43 and Rob Mazza offers a design comparison
- Good Old Boat founder Karen Larson cruises Kentucky Lakes and Craig Moodie goes beyond Seal Rocks
- Plus a boatyard odyssey, and much more!
July-August 2019 Issue Highlights
- Robb Lovell shows how he brought a dangerous spinnaker pole back to life
- Rob Mazza talks water ballast and Jerry Powlas talks hose clamps
- DIY: Isaac Adam-Izikri pulls off the ultimate DIY when he builds a new steering quadrant from scratch — you could do it too, and he explains why you should
- Torque wrenches! Ed Zacko makes a case for having one aboard
- Allen Penticoff reviews the Seafarer 26 and Rob Mazza offers a design comparison
- Ride along with Peter McKelvey as he explores the Bay of Fundy
- Plus the Atomic 4, dragons, and much more!
September-October 2019 Issue Highlights
- Celestially to Bermuda! Joe Rosenfeld tentatively picks up the ancient art
- Terry Kotas replaces fixed portlights, with a little luck and persistence
- DIY: Drew Frye tackles companionway steps and John Langford makes a solar bimini
- A sailboat’s backbone! Dan Spurr talks hull-deck joints
- Robb Lovell reviews the Beneteau 345 and Rob Mazza offers a design comparison
- Ride along with Susan Gateley as she cruises part of the New York State Canal System
- Plus, spreader angles, a refit, when life and sailing don’t mix, and much more!
November-December 2019 Issue Highlights
- The joy of multihulls! Drew Frye offers his perspective
- Robin Urquhart replaces keel bolts, with a little luck and persistence
- DIY: Bert Vermeer tackles ceilings and Cliff Moore makes a dinghy bilge pump
- Range renewed with a day tank! Gino Del Guercio tells how
- Brandon Ford reviews the Cape George 38 and Rob Mazza offers a design comparison
- Explore the mysteries of Portland Island with John Vigor as your guide
- Plus, sailing with a baby, a first sail, a long dead moment, and more!